To receive funding, organizations interested in implementing the Early Head Start Home-Based Option must apply to ACF and provide a detailed plan for model implementation and adherence to the applicable performance standards. The criteria for selection of applicants include the following:
- The cost-effectiveness of the proposed program;
- The qualifications and experience of the applicant and the applicant’s staff in planning, organizing, and providing comprehensive child development services at the community level;
- The quality of the proposed program as indicated by adherence to, or evidence of the intent and capability to adhere to, the Head Start Program Performance Standards;
- The proposed program design and options, including the suitability of facilities and equipment proposed for use in carrying out the program; and
- The need for Head Start services in the community served by the applicant.